Header AD

recent/hot-posts

⊱ ☆ Reviews: what's my opinion? ☆ ⊰


Please understand this is a personal point of view in the matter, by no means I'm directing this to anyone in specific nor I intend to offend people. If you're not up for rants, it's not a good idea to carry on reading

I'm well aware that nobody asked for my opinion on the matter, but as I was crafting some items for my store I began thinking: So many people ask to review items, often promising things they know they can't achieve, only for the sake of freebies; not only that, but they sometimes do it wrongly, comparing stores that hand craft their goods, with stores that import (often fake) goodies from manufactures.

"How do you know they compare?" May you ask me. Well funny thing, someone once compared me to the Spree Picky store; in a way I was offended, but this added to the realisation of how Free Reviewing is so wrong and often helps nobody but the "reviewer". People who review items don't often understand the essence of hand making products, and how not only they won't all come out perfectly the same, but they also can't be mass produced as if they were coming from manufactures.

Both can be pricey, but it sometimes seems that people are willing to pay a cheap "made in china" fake, over a hand made product in which the person spent some of their free time, possibly struggling for money, just to support their hobby/dream, to give their best to you. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure a lot of people who want to review indeed do understand how to do so, but starts being hard to separate the honest reviewers to the ones who simply want a few freebies in return for some empty words.

You aren't buying (or shall I say, receiving for free) an item, its time, money, effort, trials and failures from the person who crafted it, and to simply ask for a review as if it's so simple and "all you have to do is send me the item and I will review it"... well no, it's not that simple; How about the fact that I have a full time job, live with my partner without mother or dad to do things for myself, have rent to pay which often doesn't leave me with much spare, but most of that spare goes into giving more life and soul to the store, do people really consider these things?

I'm of course, not blaming anyone, as it's my own choice to have an on-line store, but it sure isn't my choice if people take advantage of it; that is something that a lot of people who do hand made stuff don't appreciate. Like I have mentioned countless times, it's more than just "an item" that we are sharing and offering, it's a part of our lives that we dedicated onto making that unique item.
⊱ ☆ Reviews: what's my opinion? ☆ ⊰ ⊱ ☆ Reviews: what's my opinion? ☆ ⊰ Reviewed by Jojo Neko on June 09, 2014 Rating: 5

No comments

Post AD