Header AD

recent/hot-posts

⊱ ☆ Ebay bitches ☆ ⊰

I really don't like to use blogs for these purposes, but when you have bad experience with someone, you want to make sure you protect other's from committing the same mistake. Especially when its about losing money.

I've shopped for Ebay for years now, and never I've had an issue that wasn't resolved (rarely had an issue to begin with!). Recently, I bought a polaroid camera from a private seller, after trusting and thinking they seemed reasonable. They only had a negative feedback, which was scary enough, but I (stupidly) decided to ignore it, among the good ones:

FeedbackFrom/priceDate/time
Negative feedback ratingSold me a broken polaroid camera and then didn't refund me.Buyer:
ban6050 22Yellow star icon for feedback score in between 10 to 49) 
Aug-23-12 01:28Feedback conversation
  • Reply by ritamurff123 (Aug-24-12 04:08):
    CHANCER!!! wanted to return camera after having it for 8 WEEKS !!!!
Polaroid 636 Auto Focus Instant Camera Take 600 Film (#170853587372)GBP 14.50

So, I should've actually listened to that... the reply itself seems extremely unprofessional... whether true or not. You don't talk to your customers like that? If you decide to tell something to someone, you are a professional doing something. If you don't have the capacity to deal with things, you shouldn't be making busyness to begin with, no matter how big or small.... but I digress.

So I decided to still buy that polaroid, looked good enough, decent information, only £20.. why not?! However, when I got it, I was extremly disappointed with the pagacking:
Thin bubble wrap and a bin bag. I don't need to say the camera was damaged when I opened it. It wasn't a massive damage, but ultimately, it was broken, and that wasn't what I had payed for.

I calmly contacted the seller, which replied "This has happened to me before, I'll contact the post office and get a check in which will cover the cost of the camera". I was nice enough to understand and accept it.

Billions of things wrong with that phrase though:
1 - Stated that "had already happened" then learn to actually wrap your items properly
2 - The return policy states if not satisfied, a full refund will be made

So it begins a long wait for the post office, which I now doubt they were contacted even.
I started asking for an actual refund, as to the seller always replied "Send the camera first, and I will refund" as to what I replied "And what security have I got?" and they said " You have my word"...Very honourable, but that hardly gives me any security?

Moral of the story... I lost my money, I lost contact with the seller, when I asked for an actual refund through paypal, and all I got was a very "nice" message saying "Once the camera is sent back ,the money will be refunded , as I have already said !!!  " after I had asked "Can you please open a refund request on paypal, I'll send the item, then you can send the item"...again extremely professional (!)

From that point, all my messages were ignored, and I left it so long that I can't even go through ebay or paypal anymore. But really that's the least of my worries....moral of the story is: when it comes to money, NEVER let anyone play you around, its YOUR money that you're entitled to, demand it there and then if you're not satisfied.

The seller may have many positive feedback, but their way to deal with problems is appalling, if you get caught in the same situation which has "happened before", as me, you will most likely lose your money, unless you're less nice than me, and actually demand it within a month.

Yeah some of it was my fault, simply because I thought I was talking to a decent and professional person, which turns out it wasn't in the end!

I'd NEVER recommend to shop from ritamurff123 from ebay, if anything, I recommend NOT to

⊱ ☆ Ebay bitches ☆ ⊰ ⊱ ☆ Ebay bitches ☆ ⊰ Reviewed by Jojo Neko on September 24, 2012 Rating: 5

No comments

Post AD