Header AD

recent/hot-posts

⊱ ☆ Fabric dye test 1 - Lace ☆ ⊰


I've ruined a pair of my favourite boots, when I went out for some drinks with frends and ended up in a night club. Drink just spilled all over them and now they look very bad. So I had to find a way to clean them, but being faux suede, it was hard and there was nothing I could do.

I decided to cover them with some cofe coloured lace, but I only had white one. My idea was to dye it with tea. But then I realised it was synthetic, so not much luck there.

Dyeing in tea
Process:
★ Made some tea
★ Added some of salt to it
★ Dunked the lace in it
★ Left for 30 minutes
 


After dye - wet
Comparison of dyed and non dyed lace


After dye - Dried
In restroespecive, I think it was a failure :D The lace did get a tint of brown, but it just isn't the right shade I'm looking for, and It doesn't match with the boots very well. It's time to think of something else....
⊱ ☆ Fabric dye test 1 - Lace ☆ ⊰ ⊱ ☆ Fabric dye test 1 - Lace ☆ ⊰ Reviewed by Jojo Neko on April 26, 2012 Rating: 5

No comments

Post AD